| Nov 18, 11:00 AM
Welcome back to 8 Exposures! This week, we spoke with the amazing Brad Elterman, who since the 1970s has been photographing celebrities and musicians such as Blondie, David Bowie, Michael Jackson and The Who!
1) Q: What kind of polaroid camera(s) do you use?
A: Polaroid One.
2) Q: Why do you like instant photography?
A: It’s so sexy.
3) Q: What is your earliest memory of instant film?
A: My mom was a painter and in the 70’s she went out and got an SX70. That was really something special. I still have it, somewhere.
4) Q: What’s your favorite impossible film type?
A: PX 680.
5) Q: What are your favorite subjects to photograph?
A: Modern Pop Culture
6) Q: Tell us about a project you’re working on.
A: Two exhibitions in Switzerland for June 2012 with Swiss pop artist, Marco Pittori with photographs that I took of bands three decades ago with Marco working his creative magic on the images. There is even a modern photo that I took of my muse, model Nettie Harris that was shot with Impossible Project film.
7) Q: Who are your favorite photographers, instant or otherwise?
A: Helmut Newton, Nirrimi Hakanson, Helen Levitt, Olivier Zahm & Walker Evans
8) Q: If you could take an photo of anyone or anything what would it be?
A: Male: John Mayer, for his talent; Female: Lindsay Lohan, for her great beauty and absolutely wonderful controversy.
Thanks so much to Mr. Elterman for taking the time to answer our Impossible questions. We’re honored to have been able to feature him. To see more of his images, visit his Tumblr at bradelterman.tumblr.com/
Commenting is closed for this article.
No comments available