| Feb 15, 11:00 AM
1) What kind of Polaroid camera(s) do you use?
Polaroid Spectra System, Polaroid 600 OneStep, Polaroid SX-70 Pronto! B, Holgaroid, Polaroid One 600.
2) Why do you like instant photography?
Instant photography is responsible for consistently amazing work by countless photographers and individuals, and the mere existence of the medium is one of mankind’s many great achievements.
3) What is your earliest memory of instant film?
Having my portrait taken at tennis camp in the summer of 1983.
4) What’s your favorite Impossible film type?
Tough call. The new PX 680 Color Protection film, last year’s PX 680 beta, and/or the PX 600 Silver Shade UV + Gold Frame.
5) What are your favorite subjects to photograph?
Musicians, travels, walls, my cat + girlfriend’s dog.
6) Tell us about a project you’re working on.
Between work and GvsB, I’m juggling too many projects to mention and my head’s going to explode just thinking about it. At home, my girlfriend and I are filling up our walls with various prints and instant photographs, something that has officially entered “project” status, and, banal as the effort sounds, things are coming together slowly but surely.
7) Who are your favorite photographers, instant or otherwise?
Faith Silva, Anne Bowerman, Dave Bias, Chris Cantalini, Edwin Land.
8) If you could take a photo of anyone or anything what would it be?
Too many to list, really. A grilled cheese, Mark Twain, Francoise Hardy, John Lennon, and Larry David immediately come to mind.
I’m originally from Dallas, TX, and relocated to Los Angeles in early 2012. In addition to my role as the creative director for Gorilla vs. Bear, I own and operate a boutique marketing consultancy that specializes in design for web, mobile, and print.
No comments available